Thursday, July 7, 2011

Juror number 3 speaks

OK... So I saw this last night... and I have no words for it. This juror almost upset me a lil bit while I was watching the full segment of her interview on ABC news last night. There was one silly statement in particular that stood out in my mind. She said the words "Not guilty does not mean innocent." .............. Are you serious? I don't know much about law, and I could have my facts skewed, but I DO know that there's something called Double Jeopardy, which says that you can't be charged for the exact same crime twice. She got off on all her charges (except the charge where she lied to investigators in her attempt to hide something that may have gotten her into trouble...). If she gets off on the charges, and she can't be charged with them again, isn't she permenantly innocent of those charges? Maybe I'm wrong... Well, the lie may get her 4 years... and her attorney is pushing for time served... so she could be out on the streets in a few days. Honestly, that may be worst for her though. An emotional person hell bent on street justice may alter her sentencing... And the death penalty given by street justice tends to be executed a lot faster that the death penalty given in the legal system; people stay on death row in prison for YEARS before they are actually laid to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment